Saturday, April 7, 2012

Inspiration from Researching Web

As a designer, one of the most utilized yet under appreciated sources of inspiration for information designers is the internet.

The first thing most designers do when starting a new project is search for any related material on the web. Whether it is to avoid the status quo, or to create something popular culture can resonate with, designers can use online content to guide them towards a satisfying result...


For example, when I searched for collage style web designs, I came across a page on coolhomepages.com that read," Collage style designs can be fun.  They're different, and give the designer a lot of flexibility with the graphical elements on the page, the type and the color design".


The information provided in addition to the visual examples  built up the foundation in my mind for the structure I want to use in a design for a client's business website. My client  is a friend who wants to set their business aside from similar businesses on the web and my initial search on the internet supported my first proposal to do a collage design.

Instances like this are constantly occurring and the ideas that materialize in brainstorming can be fostered by finding material on the web.

I have included some links on the right of this page that provide some great information on design...

No comments:

Post a Comment